Monday, May 26, 2008

SYDNEY POLLACK IS DEAD

Sydney Pollack is dead. Truly tragic news today. I am a movie buff and had seen seen him in a couple of films. I know he won the 'Out of Africa' best director oscar. A movie which has become iconic. As an actor, I saw a little more of him intimately in 'Changing Lanes'. Where he played a law firm senior partner to Ben Affleck. His role in that movie will stay with me for a very long time. It was a morality piece. He played the part to perfection. I remember Ben Affleck asking his character how he as a lawyer continue in the business when its full of arm-twisting, intrigue and twisting the truth. The lawyer stereo type. His reply wa along the lines 'because I know at the end of day I do more good than evil' and he said it with so more authenticity and character. To Sydney: Fare Thee Well.
You live in your works and all the actors you have directed in your distinguished career.

No comments: